Share this page
Gunwiki Web Preferences
The following settings are web preferences of the Gunwiki web. These preferences overwrite the site-level preferences in TWikiPreferences, and can be overwritten by user preferences (your personal topic, eg: TWikiGuest in the Main web).
- List of topics of the TWiki.Gunwiki web:
- Web specific background color: (Pick a lighter one of the StandardColors)
- List this web in the SiteMap:
- If yes, Set SITEMAPLIST =
on, and add the "what" and "use to..." description for the site map. Make sure to list only links that include the name of the web, e.g. Gunwiki.Topic links.
- Set SITEMAPLIST = on
- Set SITEMAPWHAT = Gun wiki
- Set SITEMAPUSETO = ...answering all the questions we can
- Exclude web from a
web="all" search: (Set to
on for hidden webs)
- Prevent automatic linking of WikiWords and acronyms (if set to
on); link WikiWords (if empty); can be overwritten by web preferences:
- Set NOAUTOLINK =
- Note: Use the
[[...][...]] syntax to link topics in case you disabled WikiWord linking. The
<noautolink> ... </noautolink> syntax can be used to prevents links within a block of text.
- Default template for new topics and form(s) for this web:
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the Gunwiki web: (See TWikiAccessControl)
- Set DENYWEBVIEW =
- Set ALLOWWEBVIEW =
- Set DENYWEBCHANGE =
- Set ALLOWWEBCHANGE =
- Set DENYWEBRENAME =
- Set ALLOWWEBRENAME =
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic: (I.e. TWikiAdminGroup)
- Web preferences that are not allowed to be overridden by user preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = NOSEARCHALL, ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT, WIKIWEBMASTER, WEBCOPYRIGHT, WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME
- A preference is defined as:
6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- Preferences are used as TWikiVariables by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable
%WEBBGCOLOR% , it gets expanded to
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
%WEBCOPYRIGHT% uses the
- You can introduce new preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates. There is no need to change the TWiki engine (Perl scripts).
Would this information help out someone you know? Click here to share it!