Share this page
About 6.8SPC on the AR-15
The 6.8SPC uses a different magazine (although I've heard of successful modification of 5.56mm mags for 6.8SPC, all attempts at this I've personally seen were failures), bolt face, and barrel than its 5.56mm counterpart. Converting an AR-15 to 6.8SPC can be done with just a new barrel and bolt, but the common approach is to buy a complete upper assembly in 6.8SPC and a purpose-built 6.8SPC magazine.
Sources for 6.8mm SPC Uppers
-- SeanNewton - 28 Jan 2006
- Armalite has a 6.8SPC rifle available, but doesn't seem to sell the uppers separately.
- Barrett makes rifles around $2.5k, but no longer lists the uppers on their website for sale.
- Bravo Company has 'em
- Bushmaster puts out a 6.8SPC upper.
- Cardinal Armory, formerly Ko-Tonics
- DPMS sells the parts needed to assemble a 6.8mm upper for about $700ish.
- Model 1 Sales makes 6.8SPC uppers.
- Olympic Arms makes 6.8SPC uppers and conversion kits (barrel plus everything to convert an upper to 6.8SPC)
- Rock River Arms puts out 6.8SPC uppers.
- Ruger makes a Mini-14 in 6.8 SPC.
- Stag Arms makes the 5H 6.8SPC upper.
Would this information help out someone you know? Click here to share it!