Share this page
A 2005 ATF letter which addresses the rear stock tang on AKs
- C&R Collectors not prohibited from building guns for personal use. Markings not required unless transferred.
- Back plate on a sheet metal receiver (commonly called a "rear trunion" by the online gun community) is not a trunion per ATF. Trunions are barrel supports.
- Guns may be built using imported barrels from parts kits.
- A foreign-made barrel with a permanently attached US-made muzzle device is still an imported part.
- List of counted AK-47 parts for 922(r) purposes.
- Reiteration that the back plate is not a rear trunion in a stamped sheet metal build.
-- SeanNewton - 24 Dec 2011
Would this information help out someone you know? Click here to share it!